Tuesday 8 May 2012

Knock knock...

Knock Knock...
Who's there?
Ginormica..
Ginormica who?
SPACESHIP TOO!


For those of you who don't know (oh how I envy you) Ginormica and Spaceship are characters from Monsters Vs Aliens.


My toddler told me this joke the other evening which doesn't really make sense but was hilarious because he told it me in his sleep!
I kid you not, we were on our way home from a lovely day celebrating my cousin's wedding when the snoring was briefly interrupted by this bit of stand up. 
The little man had been an absolute star all day long and was very giddy about being awake way past his bedtime. He was dancing the night away when all of a sudden the he hit the 'wall of tiredness'. 
All parents out there will relate to this. A toddler can, in an instant, hit said wall which comes with a variety of symptoms depending on the child. Tell tale signs that our monkey has reached the point of no return are as follows:

  • Hyperactivity bordering on hysteria complete with fake laugh.
  • Repeated outbursts of "Mummyeeeeeeeeeee" or "Daddyeeeeeeeeeee" 
  • One bright red ear. If both ears are red you are in serious trouble. 
  • Throwing himself around to the point you think crash mats are going to be necessary. 


We set off in the car and the little guy just had time to inform us that he still wanted some Wheeto's for his supper before he was off to the land of nod. 
He'd been asleep about ten minutes when he snuffled a bit and then said "knock knock"... you know the rest. I was quietly laughing my head off for the rest of the journey. 
If laughter is the best medicine then children are definitely the best prescriptions! My little ones make me smile and giggle every day, I hope they feel the same way.




I was inspired to start blogging when our youngest son was born last year, eight weeks early and with a serious illness. I have said it before but will keep continuing to say it; we will never be able to express our gratitude to the people that were involved in saving his life. What amazing individuals. Our little man will need support throughout his life and we have regular visits to Glenfield hospital in Leicester. Heart Link are an amazing East Midlands charity that provide support to children and families affected by congenital heart disease. 
My wonderful big brother and his friend Chris have decided to cycle in the Great Nottinghamshire Bike Ride to raise money for Heart Link. 
Please check out their page using the following link and if you have any pennies to spare they would be greatly appreciated. 


http://www.justgiving.com/AntAndChris


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment