Monday 30 July 2012

Newquay

This is my favourite place in the world...


It is Crantock beach, near Newquay in Cornwall. 


It is my favourite place for a number of reasons. One being the wonderful memories it provokes in my mind of fun filled family holidays when I was a child. 
There is no better way to clear your head of negative thoughts than going somewhere filled with precious happy memories. 








Another reason is its obvious beauty. The beach has so much character. From beautiful soft white sand where the sea never touches down to the soggy puddles and pools left behind when the tide is out. 


The estuary that runs the length of the beach makes it an ideal place to take children. The sea can be very rough and it is a long walk even when the tide is in. When the boys are older then it will be ideal for their first attempts at body boarding but for now the estuary provides a safe bit of the sea for them to play in.


Newquay is a great UK family holiday destination.
We stayed in a caravan at Travella campsite which was even more beautiful than I remembered from my childhood.
The caravan felt like brand new, was very spacious and had a veranda. 
We didn't just go to the beach, we visited Newquay zoo which our toddler loved. We spent quite a lot of time in Newquay town (some lovely shops if you get the chance), we played numerous games of crazy and then even crazier golf and had fun at Hollywell Bay.








I know it can be a risk with the weather having your summer holiday in the UK but I have to say I don't think it gets much better than this. 


Holidays with small children are never going to be relaxing. They are about making the most of the time when your kids actually want to spend their holidays with you!  














At the end of each day myself and the hubby were absolutely shattered but we still managed to sneak a few cheeky drinks in here and there and the peacefulness of the campsite was a blessing. 


























I would definitely recommend Newquay for anyone looking for a fun filled family holiday .













No comments:

Post a Comment